Friday, September 11, 2009

Microwave Blues

When my old microwave quit working, I was in a better financial position, so I went out and bought a super-deluxe model, the GE JES1288. It's been a great microwave, and I still haven't used it to its fullest capabilities. Unfortunately, the light bulb burnt out, and I couldn't figure out how to change it, so it's been dark for a couple of years. Today I called the GE Answer Center, and their answer was that I need a service call to replace the bulb. I called the service center, and to replace the bulb it will be $74.95 + parts & labor. Over $100 to replace a LIGHT BULB! My next call was to the consumer relations department. After getting the run-around from them (GE Cares - right...), I'm just thankful they don't make flush toilets!

No comments: